Two TDOT leaders honored as Tennessee Engineers of the Year
As TDOT’s Region 3 Director, Winston Gaffron directs department operations throughout the 26 county Middle Tennessee region. This includes construction implementation and compliance, highway maintenance and repair, highway marking, and bridge inspection and repair. Gaffron has served as Region 3 Director since 2004.
During his long career with TDOT, Gaffron has worked in various areas, including geotechnical engineering, field testing and pavement evaluation. He has also served as Assistant Chief Engineer of Operations. He has been a licensed professional engineer in Tennessee since 1977.
The TSPE is a professional association with more than 1,100 individual members including professional (licensed) engineers, engineering associates, engineering interns, and engineering students. TSPE members represent all technical disciplines and all practice areas including construction, education, industry, government, and private practice.
MORE FROM Industry
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)815 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects652 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D399 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)325 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots295 Views