Two highway workers die in Texas work zone crash
Amanda Bayhi | May 12, 2014
Two more highway construction workers are dead this week after a vehicle crashed into the construction zone in Texas where they were working.
The workers were performing construction work on Interstate 10 eastbound in El Paso when a suspected drunk driver crashed into the site around 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, KFOX14 reports.
One of the victims died at the scene. The other was transported to a hospital, where he died of injuries related to the crash.
All of these crashes occurred less than one month after National Work Zone Awareness Week, during which transportation agencies and highway advocates promoted awareness of highway construction zones and workers.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses1023 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets948 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway676 Views
- Are flying robots the future of road construction?638 Views
- Ohio to start largest single construction project in state history357 Views