Two highway workers die in Texas work zone crash
Amanda Bayhi | May 12, 2014
Two more highway construction workers are dead this week after a vehicle crashed into the construction zone in Texas where they were working.
The workers were performing construction work on Interstate 10 eastbound in El Paso when a suspected drunk driver crashed into the site around 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, KFOX14 reports.
One of the victims died at the scene. The other was transported to a hospital, where he died of injuries related to the crash.
All of these crashes occurred less than one month after National Work Zone Awareness Week, during which transportation agencies and highway advocates promoted awareness of highway construction zones and workers.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse441 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers136 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches75 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects74 Views