Two highway workers die in Texas work zone crash
Amanda Bayhi | May 12, 2014
Two more highway construction workers are dead this week after a vehicle crashed into the construction zone in Texas where they were working.
The workers were performing construction work on Interstate 10 eastbound in El Paso when a suspected drunk driver crashed into the site around 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, KFOX14 reports.
One of the victims died at the scene. The other was transported to a hospital, where he died of injuries related to the crash.
All of these crashes occurred less than one month after National Work Zone Awareness Week, during which transportation agencies and highway advocates promoted awareness of highway construction zones and workers.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident1004 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles658 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse643 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side576 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005362 Views