Two highway workers die in Texas work zone crash
Amanda Bayhi | May 12, 2014
Two more highway construction workers are dead this week after a vehicle crashed into the construction zone in Texas where they were working.
The workers were performing construction work on Interstate 10 eastbound in El Paso when a suspected drunk driver crashed into the site around 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, KFOX14 reports.
One of the victims died at the scene. The other was transported to a hospital, where he died of injuries related to the crash.
All of these crashes occurred less than one month after National Work Zone Awareness Week, during which transportation agencies and highway advocates promoted awareness of highway construction zones and workers.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong991 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]959 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction461 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair439 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views