Two highway workers die in Texas work zone crash
Amanda Bayhi | May 12, 2014
Two more highway construction workers are dead this week after a vehicle crashed into the construction zone in Texas where they were working.
The workers were performing construction work on Interstate 10 eastbound in El Paso when a suspected drunk driver crashed into the site around 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, KFOX14 reports.
One of the victims died at the scene. The other was transported to a hospital, where he died of injuries related to the crash.
All of these crashes occurred less than one month after National Work Zone Awareness Week, during which transportation agencies and highway advocates promoted awareness of highway construction zones and workers.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1995 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1331 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...883 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones547 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?324 Views