Two-day hearing to focus on surface transportation bill
The Subcommittee on Highways and Transit, chaired by U.S. Rep. John J. Duncan, Jr. (R-Tenn.), will conduct a two-day hearing on Tuesday, March 29 and Wednesday, March 30 on the reauthorization of the nation’s surface transportation programs.
The Committee will hear testimony from the surface transportation community and other witnesses, and receive their suggestions for improving and reforming transportation programs, cutting red tape and streamlining the project delivery process to save money, increasing private sector participation in infrastructure financing, and wisely investing our limited infrastructure resources to create jobs. More background information is available here.
WHAT: Hearing of the Subcommittee on Highways and Transit, U.S. Rep. John J. Duncan, Jr. (R-Tenn.), Chairman: “Improving and Reforming Our Nation’s Surface Transportation Programs”
WHEN: 2:30 p.m. EDT, Tuesday, March 29, 2011 and
10:30 a.m. EDT, Wednesday, March 30, 2011
WHERE: 2167 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, D.C. 20515
A live Webcast of this hearing will be available at: http://transportation.house.gov.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
- Mr. William Millar, President, American Public Transportation Association
- Mr. Larry Hanley, International President, Amalgamated Transit Union
- Mr. Dale J. Marsico, CCTM, Executive Director, Community Transportation Association of America
- Mr. Jon Martz, Vice President – Government Relations, VPSI, Inc.
On behalf of Association for Commuter Transportation
- Mr. Robert McBride, Operator, Metro Taxi, Denver, CO
On behalf of Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Association
- Ms. Jennifer Dexter, Assistant Vice President – Government Relations, Easter Seals
- Ms. Barbara Windsor, President and CEO, Hahn Transportation, Inc.
On behalf of American Trucking Associations
- Mr. Kristopher Kane, Truck Driver, Quality Carriers
On behalf of Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association
- Mr. LaMont Byrd, Director, Safety and Health Department, International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- Mr. Dave Leach, President and CEO, Greyhound Lines, Inc.
- Mr. Peter Pantuso, President and CEO, American Bus Association
- Captain Steve Dowling, California Highway Patrol
MORE FROM Economics
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)806 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D289 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign267 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says265 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers260 Views