Trucking, shipping groups align efforts to raise weight limit restrictions
Americans for Safe & Efficient Transportation (ASET) is joining the Coalition for Transportation Productivity (CTP) to marshal their efforts to raise heavy truck weight limits to 97,000 pounds through legislative action on Capitol Hill, the Journal of Commerce reports.
This brings about 40 new members to the CTP, according to the report.
With ASET in its fold, the CTP will have more than 160 shippers and allied associations as members, including manufacturers such as Archer Daniels Midland, Kraft Foods, Georgia Pacific, Owens Corning and American Gypsum.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Airline surprises passengers by granting Christmas wishes1584 Views
- You shouldn’t be a roadbuilder if…639 Views
- Transportation officials break ground on $1.3 billion Highway 91 expansion project in California370 Views
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014348 Views
- VIDEO: Rapid-set cement helps rehab seven overpasses, one bridge in St. Louis344 Views