TRIP to release Arkansas economic development report tomorrow
Staff Report | October 29, 2012
A new report, “The Top 40 Transportation Projects to Support Economic Growth and Quality of Life in Arkansas,” will be released by TRIP at a news conference in Little Rock at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 30. TRIP is a national nonprofit transportation research group based in Washington, D.C.
The most needed transportation improvements in Arkansas include projects to build, expand or modernize the state’s highways, roads and bridges. These improvements would enhance economic development opportunities throughout the state by increasing mobility and freight movement, easing congestion and making Arkansas an attractive place to live, visit and do business. Many of these projects cannot be addressed without additional transportation funding.
We’ll have the report posted tomorrow after it is released.
MORE FROM Economics
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1249 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1053 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...780 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse734 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones519 Views