TRIP releasing ‘Keeping Baby Boomers Mobile: Preserving Mobility and Safety for Older Americans’ report
TRIP will release a new report, titled “Keeping Baby Boomers Mobile: Preserving Mobility and Safety for Older Americans,” during a telephone news conference the afternoon of Feb. 22. (Please check back the morning of Feb. 22 for an advance copy of the report on the Better Roads website or go to www.tripnet.org.)
Joining TRIP’s Rocky Moretti as a speaker during the conference call will be John Horsley, executive director of American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO).
The report identifies states with the highest number and share of older drivers and states with the highest traffic fatality and crash rates involving older drivers. The report offers a set of recommendations to improve the mobility and safety of older Americans and underscores the need for additional transportation funding at the local, state and federal level.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding554 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable391 Views
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014339 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views