TRIP releasing ‘Keeping Baby Boomers Mobile: Preserving Mobility and Safety for Older Americans’ report
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 21, 2012
TRIP will release a new report, titled “Keeping Baby Boomers Mobile: Preserving Mobility and Safety for Older Americans,” during a telephone news conference the afternoon of Feb. 22. (Please check back the morning of Feb. 22 for an advance copy of the report on the Better Roads website or go to www.tripnet.org.)
Joining TRIP’s Rocky Moretti as a speaker during the conference call will be John Horsley, executive director of American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO).
The report identifies states with the highest number and share of older drivers and states with the highest traffic fatality and crash rates involving older drivers. The report offers a set of recommendations to improve the mobility and safety of older Americans and underscores the need for additional transportation funding at the local, state and federal level.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River562 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business344 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update336 Views