TRIP releasing ‘Keeping Baby Boomers Mobile: Preserving Mobility and Safety for Older Americans’ report
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 21, 2012
TRIP will release a new report, titled “Keeping Baby Boomers Mobile: Preserving Mobility and Safety for Older Americans,” during a telephone news conference the afternoon of Feb. 22. (Please check back the morning of Feb. 22 for an advance copy of the report on the Better Roads website or go to www.tripnet.org.)
Joining TRIP’s Rocky Moretti as a speaker during the conference call will be John Horsley, executive director of American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO).
The report identifies states with the highest number and share of older drivers and states with the highest traffic fatality and crash rates involving older drivers. The report offers a set of recommendations to improve the mobility and safety of older Americans and underscores the need for additional transportation funding at the local, state and federal level.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving396 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice348 Views
- Obama to present Congress with proposed transportation reauthorization bill333 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness294 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options285 Views