TRIP releasing ‘Keeping Baby Boomers Mobile: Preserving Mobility and Safety for Older Americans’ report
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 21, 2012
TRIP will release a new report, titled “Keeping Baby Boomers Mobile: Preserving Mobility and Safety for Older Americans,” during a telephone news conference the afternoon of Feb. 22. (Please check back the morning of Feb. 22 for an advance copy of the report on the Better Roads website or go to www.tripnet.org.)
Joining TRIP’s Rocky Moretti as a speaker during the conference call will be John Horsley, executive director of American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO).
The report identifies states with the highest number and share of older drivers and states with the highest traffic fatality and crash rates involving older drivers. The report offers a set of recommendations to improve the mobility and safety of older Americans and underscores the need for additional transportation funding at the local, state and federal level.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]923 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong865 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker334 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines219 Views
- SCDOT signs biggest road project contract in over a decade159 Views