Trimble Launches Mobile GIS Developer Community
Better Roads Staff | January 27, 2011
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 12, 2011 — Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) launched today the Trimble® Mobile GIS Developer Community. The new site provides a rich and growing selection of developer tools and services, hosted within the Trimble Connected Community (TCC) portal. The online community provides members with access to software tools and services as well as documentation, a developer forum, knowledge base and support resources.
The software development kits (SDKs) available to members of the Mobile GIS Developer Community include:
- The GPS Pathfinder® Field Toolkit: Designed for rapid development of standalone GPS-enabled applications for Win32 and Windows Mobile® platforms.
- The MobileGNSS Field and Office Tools: Allows developers to create Esri® ArcGIS® Mobile applications with GNSS postprocessing capability.
“The Mobile GIS Developer Community allows our customers and partners to leverage Trimble’s positioning solutions within their application environment. Over time, Trimble plans to grow the Community with additional developer-centric tools and services, continuously adding value for Community members,” said Chris Rose, global sales director for Trimble’s Mapping & GIS Division.
Members of the Mobile GIS Developer Community pay an annual fee covering software maintenance and developer support and also pay license fees when they deploy applications to their customers.
For additional information and to apply to become a member of the Mobile GIS Developer Community, visit: www.trimble.com/gis_dev_community where interested parties can download an application form.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location—including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.
For more information, visit: www.trimble.com.
MORE FROM Boomerang
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2230 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1301 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...982 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house616 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones530 Views