Tri-State Truck Center named Mack 2010 North American Distributor of the Year
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 18, 2011
Mack Trucks, Inc. named Tri-State Truck Center in Memphis as its 2010 North American Distributor of the Year.
Each year, Mack acknowledges the efforts and contributions of its dealer network by honoring high-performing North American and International distributors. Selection criteria include sales, facilities, personnel, service, parts, general management, customer satisfaction and community service.
Tri-State Truck Center, Inc. was founded in 1945 by F.A. Maddox, Sr. and is now operated by Rod and Jim Maddox, the third generation of the Maddox family to run the business. It has six other full-service locations across Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee, in addition to Memphis. Tri-State Truck Center currently has more than 250 employees.
Mack also named 2010 winners for each of its U.S. regional sales divisions:
- Northeast Region: Ballard Mack Sales & Service, Inc., Worcester, Mass.
- Southeast Region: Tri-State Truck Center, Memphis, Tenn.
- Central Region: Wiegand Mack Sales & Service, Inc., Sterling Heights, Mich.
- Southwest Region: Vanguard Truck Center of Houston, Houston, Texas.
- Western Region: TEC of California, Fontana, Calif.
- Canada Region: Redhead Equipment, Regina, Saskatchewan
For the second consecutive year, Vanguard Truck Center of Houston (part of the Vanguard Truck Group) was named North American Used Truck Distributor of the Year.
The Mack Leasing System North American Distributor of the Year award went to Conway Beam Leasing, East Syracuse, New York.
“These businesses are on the front lines, serving our customers every day, and exemplify Mack’s longstanding commitment to excellence in support and service,” said Kevin Flaherty, Mack senior vice president, U.S. and Canada. “The entire network did a phenomenal job in a difficult economy, and we’re very pleased to have such a dedicated, passionate distributor organization.”
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure223 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?84 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards83 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views