TRB to host slope stabilization, erosion control webinar on August 27
Amanda Bayhi | August 22, 2013
The webinar, “Cost-Effective and Sustainable Road Slope Stabilization and Erosion Control,” will feature discussions about implementing various slope stabilization and erosion control techniques around the world and insight on how the terms “cost effective” and “sustainable” vary across the globe.
Ken Skorseth of the South Dakota Local Transportation Assistance Program, Robert Douglas of Golder Associates and Gordon Keller, a retired U.S. Forest Service member, will present the webinar.
The webinar is free of charge for the following groups:
Employees of TRB sponsor organizations
TRB and National Academies employees
Chairs of TRB standing committees, sections, or groups
CRP panel members who were involved with developing the report or project that is the subject of the webinar
Members of the media
Employees of tribal governments
Congressional staff members
Other registrants will be charged $89 to attend. Group and individual registrations are available.
Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual will have the opportunity to earn 2 Professional Development Hours (PDH).
For more information about TRB’s “Cost-Effective and Sustainable Road Slope Stabilization and Erosion Control” webinar, visit trb.org.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier265 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver260 Views
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker222 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase127 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative108 Views