TRB to host slope stabilization, erosion control webinar on August 27
Amanda Bayhi | August 22, 2013
The webinar, “Cost-Effective and Sustainable Road Slope Stabilization and Erosion Control,” will feature discussions about implementing various slope stabilization and erosion control techniques around the world and insight on how the terms “cost effective” and “sustainable” vary across the globe.
Ken Skorseth of the South Dakota Local Transportation Assistance Program, Robert Douglas of Golder Associates and Gordon Keller, a retired U.S. Forest Service member, will present the webinar.
The webinar is free of charge for the following groups:
Employees of TRB sponsor organizations
TRB and National Academies employees
Chairs of TRB standing committees, sections, or groups
CRP panel members who were involved with developing the report or project that is the subject of the webinar
Members of the media
Employees of tribal governments
Congressional staff members
Other registrants will be charged $89 to attend. Group and individual registrations are available.
Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual will have the opportunity to earn 2 Professional Development Hours (PDH).
For more information about TRB’s “Cost-Effective and Sustainable Road Slope Stabilization and Erosion Control” webinar, visit trb.org.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- NJDOT worker faces 10 years in prison for stealing1073 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events598 Views
- Bridge or Landscape? You be the Judge406 Views
- 3 strategies for balancing safety and roadside weed control266 Views
- Bursting bubble of big tobacco financing gives glimpse of road building’s future without a gas tax increase239 Views