TRB to host slope stabilization, erosion control webinar on August 27
Amanda Bayhi | August 22, 2013
The webinar, “Cost-Effective and Sustainable Road Slope Stabilization and Erosion Control,” will feature discussions about implementing various slope stabilization and erosion control techniques around the world and insight on how the terms “cost effective” and “sustainable” vary across the globe.
Ken Skorseth of the South Dakota Local Transportation Assistance Program, Robert Douglas of Golder Associates and Gordon Keller, a retired U.S. Forest Service member, will present the webinar.
The webinar is free of charge for the following groups:
Employees of TRB sponsor organizations
TRB and National Academies employees
Chairs of TRB standing committees, sections, or groups
CRP panel members who were involved with developing the report or project that is the subject of the webinar
Members of the media
Employees of tribal governments
Congressional staff members
Other registrants will be charged $89 to attend. Group and individual registrations are available.
Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual will have the opportunity to earn 2 Professional Development Hours (PDH).
For more information about TRB’s “Cost-Effective and Sustainable Road Slope Stabilization and Erosion Control” webinar, visit trb.org.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group155 Views