TRB releases 'Optimization and Management of Materials in Earthwork Construction'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 13, 2010
The Institute of Transportation at Iowa State University has released a report exploring optimization and management of materials in earthwork construction designed to address pavement cracking due to improper management of pavement geotechnical materials, settlement of soil above a pipe due to improper compaction of the backfill, and permeability of mixed-subgrade soils, the Transportation Research Board (TRB) reports.
MORE FROM Industry
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier265 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver253 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase127 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative108 Views
- Polls show states do not support gas tax increase98 Views