TRB releases 'Optimization and Management of Materials in Earthwork Construction'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 13, 2010
The Institute of Transportation at Iowa State University has released a report exploring optimization and management of materials in earthwork construction designed to address pavement cracking due to improper management of pavement geotechnical materials, settlement of soil above a pipe due to improper compaction of the backfill, and permeability of mixed-subgrade soils, the Transportation Research Board (TRB) reports.
MORE FROM Industry
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2228 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1257 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans491 Views
- How to protect roadworkers from hearing loss338 Views