TRB releases 'Optimization and Management of Materials in Earthwork Construction'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 13, 2010
The Institute of Transportation at Iowa State University has released a report exploring optimization and management of materials in earthwork construction designed to address pavement cracking due to improper management of pavement geotechnical materials, settlement of soil above a pipe due to improper compaction of the backfill, and permeability of mixed-subgrade soils, the Transportation Research Board (TRB) reports.
MORE FROM Industry
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident948 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side532 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?520 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005362 Views