TRB releases 'Optimization and Management of Materials in Earthwork Construction'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 13, 2010
The Institute of Transportation at Iowa State University has released a report exploring optimization and management of materials in earthwork construction designed to address pavement cracking due to improper management of pavement geotechnical materials, settlement of soil above a pipe due to improper compaction of the backfill, and permeability of mixed-subgrade soils, the Transportation Research Board (TRB) reports.
MORE FROM Industry
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax691 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund358 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete288 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax242 Views