Transportation Committee to hold confirmation hearing for Foxx nomination
Amanda Bayhi | May 16, 2013
[Update: This report originally noted May 23 as the date of the confirmation hearing but has been updated to reflect the correct date, May 22.]
The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee will hold a confirmation meeting on May 22 for President Obama’s Secretary of Transportation nominee, Anthony Foxx, The Hill reported.
Obama nominated Charlotte, North Carolina, Mayor Foxx last month. Foxx would replace outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood.
If the Transportation Committee approves Foxx, the full Senate will need to approve him as well before he can take office.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts556 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views