Transportation Committee to hold confirmation hearing for Foxx nomination
Amanda Bayhi | May 16, 2013
[Update: This report originally noted May 23 as the date of the confirmation hearing but has been updated to reflect the correct date, May 22.]
The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee will hold a confirmation meeting on May 22 for President Obama’s Secretary of Transportation nominee, Anthony Foxx, The Hill reported.
Obama nominated Charlotte, North Carolina, Mayor Foxx last month. Foxx would replace outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood.
If the Transportation Committee approves Foxx, the full Senate will need to approve him as well before he can take office.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system492 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Cement shortage taking its toll on Minnesota projects143 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views