Transportation Committee to hold confirmation hearing for Foxx nomination
Amanda Bayhi | May 16, 2013
[Update: This report originally noted May 23 as the date of the confirmation hearing but has been updated to reflect the correct date, May 22.]
The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee will hold a confirmation meeting on May 22 for President Obama’s Secretary of Transportation nominee, Anthony Foxx, The Hill reported.
Obama nominated Charlotte, North Carolina, Mayor Foxx last month. Foxx would replace outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood.
If the Transportation Committee approves Foxx, the full Senate will need to approve him as well before he can take office.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax703 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party413 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund358 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete288 Views