Transportation Committee to hold confirmation hearing for Foxx nomination
Amanda Bayhi | May 16, 2013
[Update: This report originally noted May 23 as the date of the confirmation hearing but has been updated to reflect the correct date, May 22.]
The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee will hold a confirmation meeting on May 22 for President Obama’s Secretary of Transportation nominee, Anthony Foxx, The Hill reported.
Obama nominated Charlotte, North Carolina, Mayor Foxx last month. Foxx would replace outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood.
If the Transportation Committee approves Foxx, the full Senate will need to approve him as well before he can take office.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths714 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers583 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road517 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines504 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus365 Views