Transportation Committee to hold confirmation hearing for Foxx nomination
Amanda Bayhi | May 16, 2013
[Update: This report originally noted May 23 as the date of the confirmation hearing but has been updated to reflect the correct date, May 22.]
The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee will hold a confirmation meeting on May 22 for President Obama’s Secretary of Transportation nominee, Anthony Foxx, The Hill reported.
Obama nominated Charlotte, North Carolina, Mayor Foxx last month. Foxx would replace outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood.
If the Transportation Committee approves Foxx, the full Senate will need to approve him as well before he can take office.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 3 workers hit, 1 killed in highway construction zone crash1570 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets964 Views
- Driver hops out of truck and attacks construction worker953 Views
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses898 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway728 Views