Toro hosts 100th birthday celebration in Las Vegas
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 12, 2014
The Toro Co. is turning 100 years old on July 10, so what better way to celebrate than with a party in Las Vegas?
At ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014, the company held a small birthday bash in its booth on March 4, the opening day of the show, complete with a large cake. This is the first time Toro has exhibited at ConExpo-Con/Agg.
Toro used the birthday celebration to reflect on 100 years in business and share the company’s excitement about introducing its line of equipment for the construction market.
Known for making its mark in the consumer marketplace, the company still derives 70 percent of its revenue from commercial and professional products and this centennial celebration is a “significant milestone,” says Rick Rodier, Sitework Systems general manager for The Toro Co.
The celebration won’t end at ConExpo-Con/Agg. There are plans to continue and to hold a big bash in July, closer to the company’s actual 100th birthday.
Toro created a special website, toro.com/100, to showcase the company’s industry firsts and to allow users of the equipment to submit their stories and memories.
MORE FROM ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong987 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]959 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction458 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair434 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views