Toro hosts 100th birthday celebration in Las Vegas
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 12, 2014
The Toro Co. is turning 100 years old on July 10, so what better way to celebrate than with a party in Las Vegas?
At ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014, the company held a small birthday bash in its booth on March 4, the opening day of the show, complete with a large cake. This is the first time Toro has exhibited at ConExpo-Con/Agg.
Toro used the birthday celebration to reflect on 100 years in business and share the company’s excitement about introducing its line of equipment for the construction market.
Known for making its mark in the consumer marketplace, the company still derives 70 percent of its revenue from commercial and professional products and this centennial celebration is a “significant milestone,” says Rick Rodier, Sitework Systems general manager for The Toro Co.
The celebration won’t end at ConExpo-Con/Agg. There are plans to continue and to hold a big bash in July, closer to the company’s actual 100th birthday.
Toro created a special website, toro.com/100, to showcase the company’s industry firsts and to allow users of the equipment to submit their stories and memories.
MORE FROM ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier256 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver251 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase126 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative122 Views
- Michigan Senate votes to raise gas tax96 Views