Topcon Layout and LayoutMaster provide construction layout solution
Better Roads Staff | May 17, 2010
Topcon Positioning Systems has introduced the industry’s most advanced software solution for construction layout – Topcon Layout and LayoutMaster.
The new software technology is designed to assist a contractor or builder with virtually any type of construction staking and layout application, regardless of terrain, regardless of weather, regardless of job site restrictions.
Mark Contino, vice president of product marketing, said, “Topcon Layout and LayoutMaster software is easy to learn and use, and will guide a user effortlessly through almost any layout task.”
The foundation of this new solution is the complete integration with Topcon’s industry-leading instrument and field data collection technology, which Contino said, “provides complete input/output integration capabilities. This allows end-users to work with design files in the office, job trailer or in an onsite vehicle and export customized design data directly to the field controller to start laying out the project.”
Layout and LayoutMaster also provide seamless integration with AutoCADTM, as well as a number of other engineering design software suites, with Topcon’s total stations including the GTS-100N series, the GTS-230W and the CTS-3000.
Features of the new software suite include:
Simple user interface for total stations
– Drive robotic total stations with the optional robotic module.
– Turn measurements from total stations into graphical data.
– Special software features reduce the potential for angular mistakes.
Live map with touch selection
– Touch any point or line on the map and press the Stake button to layout the point.
– Touch any line to quickly calculate offsets.
Fast Plan Entry
– Directional arrows for entering fast plan line jogs.
– Plans stored in format to send to DXF files.
– Click the tape measure icon to quickly get the dimension between points.
– View summary of multiple point selections.
– Offset line segments, figures and create offset points from lines.
– Calculate down and out from any line to a point.
The software will also store bolt patterns, as well as plot bolt patterns from any project point.
Contino also said that Topcon University, Topcon’s industry-leading training organization, is scheduling comprehensive training sessions via special webinar. Information about future webinars can be found at www.topconpositioning.com
Topcon Positioning Systems, Inc. (TPS) designs and manufactures precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets. TPS’ parent company, Topcon Corporation (Tokyo Stock Exchange – 7732), was founded in 1932.
MORE FROM Boomerang
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?698 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax623 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards476 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund403 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete268 Views