Topcon forms strategic alliance with Geospatial Holdings
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 16, 2009
Topcon has aligned with Geospatial Holdings, Inc. to jointly market Geospatial’s Smart Probe Pipeline Mapping Technologies with Topcon’s IP-S2, 3D aboveground mobile mapping system.
The combined technologies will enable municipalities, engineers, pipeline operators and utilities to gather and manage 3D geo-referenced surface features along with 3D underground pipeline data.
Geospatial uses proprietary technologies to economically locate and create accurate 3D maps of underground pipelines and conduits.
Topcon’s IP-S2 3D mobile mapping system travels the pipeline or utility corridor aboveground at speeds up to 65 miles per hour.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!113 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201393 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views