Topcon forms strategic alliance with Geospatial Holdings
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 16, 2009
Topcon has aligned with Geospatial Holdings, Inc. to jointly market Geospatial’s Smart Probe Pipeline Mapping Technologies with Topcon’s IP-S2, 3D aboveground mobile mapping system.
The combined technologies will enable municipalities, engineers, pipeline operators and utilities to gather and manage 3D geo-referenced surface features along with 3D underground pipeline data.
Geospatial uses proprietary technologies to economically locate and create accurate 3D maps of underground pipelines and conduits.
Topcon’s IP-S2 3D mobile mapping system travels the pipeline or utility corridor aboveground at speeds up to 65 miles per hour.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)1952 Views
- Road commission worker killed by motor grader1144 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers859 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project422 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?355 Views