Topcon forms strategic alliance with Geospatial Holdings
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 16, 2009
Topcon has aligned with Geospatial Holdings, Inc. to jointly market Geospatial’s Smart Probe Pipeline Mapping Technologies with Topcon’s IP-S2, 3D aboveground mobile mapping system.
The combined technologies will enable municipalities, engineers, pipeline operators and utilities to gather and manage 3D geo-referenced surface features along with 3D underground pipeline data.
Geospatial uses proprietary technologies to economically locate and create accurate 3D maps of underground pipelines and conduits.
Topcon’s IP-S2 3D mobile mapping system travels the pipeline or utility corridor aboveground at speeds up to 65 miles per hour.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system471 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views
- N.J. transportation commissioner calls for tax hike109 Views