Topcon forms strategic alliance with Geospatial Holdings
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 16, 2009
Topcon has aligned with Geospatial Holdings, Inc. to jointly market Geospatial’s Smart Probe Pipeline Mapping Technologies with Topcon’s IP-S2, 3D aboveground mobile mapping system.
The combined technologies will enable municipalities, engineers, pipeline operators and utilities to gather and manage 3D geo-referenced surface features along with 3D underground pipeline data.
Geospatial uses proprietary technologies to economically locate and create accurate 3D maps of underground pipelines and conduits.
Topcon’s IP-S2 3D mobile mapping system travels the pipeline or utility corridor aboveground at speeds up to 65 miles per hour.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 3 workers hit, 1 killed in highway construction zone crash1569 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets962 Views
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses861 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway728 Views
- Ohio to start largest single construction project in state history403 Views