Top construction industry editor inducted into Construction Writers Association Hall of Fame
Staff Report | November 7, 2012
During its annual Grand Awards Dinner in Washington, D.C., the Construction Writers Association (CWA) inducted Randall-Reilly Construction Media Editorial Director Marcia Gruver Doyle into its Hall of Fame. This highly prestigious award is presented to select individuals who exemplify true lifetime achievement as journalists in the construction industry.
“Marcia is welcomed and recognized on the most remote jobsite and in the boardrooms of the largest construction equipment manufacturers,” wrote Dan Tidwell, senior vice president, Randall-Reilly Construction Media, in nominating Gruver Doyle. “Over the years, she has mentored many excellent business-to-business journalists and has been the recipient of the most prestigious awards earned in the business.”
Gruver Doyle has been a construction industry journalist for more than 30 years and has served as editor-in-chief of Equipment World since its inception in 1989. She is a past president of the Construction Writers Association and has served on its board for many years. Prior to joining Randall-Reilly she worked as a writer for the Associated Construction Publications.
“We are extremely proud of Marcia’s many accomplishments,” says Mike Reilly, Randall-Reilly chairman and CEO. “We’ve enjoyed incredible success with Equipment World through the years and we credit Marcia’s industry knowledge and ability to communicate effectively with her readers for much of that success.”
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?503 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group350 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines164 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget159 Views
- Komatsu rolls out new ‘innovative, intelligent, integrated’ hydraulic excavators, dozers and an articulated dump truck, many Tier 4 Final153 Views