- Better Roads - http://www.betterroads.com -
Top 10 finalists selected for America’s Transportation Awards
Posted By Amanda Bayhi On September 4, 2013 @ 2:56 pm In News & Analysis | No Comments
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), AAA and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce have selected 10 state transportation department projects as finalists in the 2013 America’s Transportation Awards competition.
The top 10 projects are:
1. Dumbarton Toll Bridge Seismic Retrofit project: California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) – $62.3 million
2. I-285 & Ashford Dunwoody Diverging Diamond Interchange project: Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) — $6 million
3. U.S. 95, Sand Creek Byway project: Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) — $112 million
4. I-465/Allisonville Road Interchange Reconstruction project: Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) — $19 million
5. MBTA Mobile Ticketing Project: Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) — nearly $70 million
6. Highway 169/I-494 Interchange Reconstruction project: Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) — $128 million
7. Safe and Sound Bridge Replacement program: Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) — $685 million
8. Triangle Expressway Project: North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) — $1 billion
9. Wickford Junction Station & Garage Project: Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) — $24.9 million
10. I-15 Corridor Expansion Project: Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) — $1.725 billion
Two winners will be chosen: a Grand Prize winner will be chosen by a panel of judges, and a People’s Choice Award winner will be selected by a popular vote online. The winners of both the Grand Prize and the People’s Choice Award will be awarded with $10,000 each, to be donated by those state DOTs to a charity or scholarship of their choice.
Online voting begins today and ends October 2. Each voter is allowed up to 10 votes per day.
Grand Prize and People’s Choice Award winners will be announced at the AASHTO Annual Meeting in Denver on October 20.
For more information about the top 10 projects, or to vote, visit AmericasTransportationAwards.org.
Watch the video above for details about the competition.
To read about the regional awards, check out these articles:
Article printed from Better Roads: http://www.betterroads.com
URL to article: http://www.betterroads.com/top-10-finalists-selected-for-americas-transportation-awards/
Copyright © 2009 Better Roads. All rights reserved.