Today's vehicle audio systems - Bah!
John Latta | October 14, 2009
What makes travel on our highways more enjoyable. Music of course. You know what sort of sound systems are out there, and you know what they cost. But has technology gone further than it needs to?
Remember this? You’re driving and feel the need for a little relaxing music. No, you don’t go to the car stereo, you go to the car record player. Pick a platter, pop it on to the Hi Fi turntable and let the needle hit the grooves. And the record doesn’t even jump when you blast over railroad tracks. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, state of the art.
You don’t remember? Check out the details in this mid-fifties material from the in-car vinyl spinning specialists Chrysler.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges392 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?193 Views