Today's vehicle audio systems - Bah!
John Latta | October 14, 2009
What makes travel on our highways more enjoyable. Music of course. You know what sort of sound systems are out there, and you know what they cost. But has technology gone further than it needs to?
Remember this? You’re driving and feel the need for a little relaxing music. No, you don’t go to the car stereo, you go to the car record player. Pick a platter, pop it on to the Hi Fi turntable and let the needle hit the grooves. And the record doesn’t even jump when you blast over railroad tracks. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, state of the art.
You don’t remember? Check out the details in this mid-fifties material from the in-car vinyl spinning specialists Chrysler.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?172 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!127 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views