Today’s vehicle audio systems – Bah!
John Latta | October 14, 2009
What makes travel on our highways more enjoyable. Music of course. You know what sort of sound systems are out there, and you know what they cost. But has technology gone further than it needs to?
Remember this? You’re driving and feel the need for a little relaxing music. No, you don’t go to the car stereo, you go to the car record player. Pick a platter, pop it on to the Hi Fi turntable and let the needle hit the grooves. And the record doesn’t even jump when you blast over railroad tracks. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, state of the art.
You don’t remember? Check out the details in this mid-fifties material from the in-car vinyl spinning specialists Chrysler.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?438 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges190 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views