Today's vehicle audio systems - Bah!
John Latta | October 14, 2009
What makes travel on our highways more enjoyable. Music of course. You know what sort of sound systems are out there, and you know what they cost. But has technology gone further than it needs to?
Remember this? You’re driving and feel the need for a little relaxing music. No, you don’t go to the car stereo, you go to the car record player. Pick a platter, pop it on to the Hi Fi turntable and let the needle hit the grooves. And the record doesn’t even jump when you blast over railroad tracks. Ahhhhhhhhhhh, state of the art.
You don’t remember? Check out the details in this mid-fifties material from the in-car vinyl spinning specialists Chrysler.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts403 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse377 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster116 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views
- President Obama calls America's transportation infrastructure 'embarrassing'81 Views