John Latta | January 31, 2012
House Transportation Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-FL) and Committee Members will roll out a long-term reauthorization and reform of transportation programs at a press conference today.
This cornerstone proposal of the American Energy & Infrastructure Jobs Act will reform and streamline transportation programs, cut red tape in the project approval process, increase states’ flexibility to fund their most critical needs, and encourage private sector participation in financing and building projects.
This legislation will be the largest transportation reform bill since the Interstate Highway System was created in 1956. Furthermore, this legislation will contain no earmarks. The previous surface transportation law contained over 6,300 earmarks.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1997 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1311 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...883 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones539 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?324 Views