John Latta | January 31, 2012
House Transportation Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-FL) and Committee Members will roll out a long-term reauthorization and reform of transportation programs at a press conference today.
This cornerstone proposal of the American Energy & Infrastructure Jobs Act will reform and streamline transportation programs, cut red tape in the project approval process, increase states’ flexibility to fund their most critical needs, and encourage private sector participation in financing and building projects.
This legislation will be the largest transportation reform bill since the Interstate Highway System was created in 1956. Furthermore, this legislation will contain no earmarks. The previous surface transportation law contained over 6,300 earmarks.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!114 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views