Titan Machinery named Leica Geosystems machine control dealer for Montana,Wyoming
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 25, 2011
Titan Machinery has been appointed as a Leica Geosystems dealer for machine control products in Montana and Wyoming.
The addition of Montana and Wyoming makes seven states in which Titan sells Leica Geosystems construction products, the others being North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota. Leica Geosystems is the only brand of machine control products Titan sells, services, and rents for construction sites.
“Machine control is the direction the industry is moving towards because of the efficiency and cost savings,” says Mike Hall, senior marketing manager of Titan Machinery. “Anything that provides good value back to our customers is something we want to be in.”
Titan’s best-selling Leica Geosystems product is PowerDigger 2D. Titan has a particularly effective sales approach: the company goes to the job site, installs a PowerDigger 2D on the customer’s excavator at no charge, and lets them use it for a couple of days. “Once the customer sees what it can do for them – saving time and not over-digging the hole — very seldom do we take it off once installed,” says Hall.
Adds Mike Reed, business manager of machine control, Leica Geosystems. ““We are pleased and proud of our relationship with Titan Machinery. With machine control technology from Leica Geosystems, they can offer a more accurate and precise solution to their construction customers.”
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River628 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency540 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs398 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business372 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update341 Views