T&I’s Mica: ‘I will agree to one highway extension’
Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) released the following statement in response to the President’s call for a clean extension of U.S. surface transportation legislation:
“In the interest of getting Americans back to work and moving vital transportation legislation, Republicans are committed to working with the President and Congressional Democrats,” Mica said.
“During their control, they neglected aviation legislation for more than four years and left major transportation legislation in the ditch for more than a year.
“Republicans have offered positive and financially responsible alternatives to get these measures moving,” Mica continued in his statement. “As Chairman of the House Transportation Committee, I will agree to one additional highway program extension, this being the eighth of the overdue transportation reauthorization.
“I am returning to Washington to also consult with our Republican leadership before granting the 22nd FAA extension,” Mica concluded.
MORE FROM Economics
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)474 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports428 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign261 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says256 Views