T&I's Mica: 'I will agree to one highway extension'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | August 31, 2011
Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) released the following statement in response to the President’s call for a clean extension of U.S. surface transportation legislation:
“In the interest of getting Americans back to work and moving vital transportation legislation, Republicans are committed to working with the President and Congressional Democrats,” Mica said.
“During their control, they neglected aviation legislation for more than four years and left major transportation legislation in the ditch for more than a year.
“Republicans have offered positive and financially responsible alternatives to get these measures moving,” Mica continued in his statement. “As Chairman of the House Transportation Committee, I will agree to one additional highway program extension, this being the eighth of the overdue transportation reauthorization.
“I am returning to Washington to also consult with our Republican leadership before granting the 22nd FAA extension,” Mica concluded.
MORE FROM Economics
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax703 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party421 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund358 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete261 Views