ThyssenKrupp Steel joins American Iron and Steel Institute
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) welcomes ThyssenKrupp Steel USA as a member, AISI President and CEO Thomas J. Gibson announced. The AISI Board of Directors welcomed the company, which is headquartered in Calvert, Alabama, as a producer member at its quarterly meeting held February 3 in Washington, D.C. Development of the company’s Alabama plant operations began in 2007 and when fully operational, ThyssenKrupp USA will have the annual capacity to produce 4.7 million tons of carbon steel coiled product.
MORE FROM Industry
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)475 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports428 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign261 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says256 Views