The Topcon Group announces Magnet cloud-based software for real-time collaboration
Better Roads Staff | October 17, 2011
LIVERMORE, Calif. – October 13, 2011 – The Topcon Group announces a unique cloud-based enterprise solution and cloud-enabled family of software applications – Magnet™ – for all precise positioning projects. The new software solution makes it possible for real-time collaboration between project manager, field crews, office personnel, engineers, or consultants.
Magnet was unveiled at Intergeo in Nuremberg, Germany. Intergeo is the world’s largest trade show for the geodesy, geoinformation and land management industries.
Ray O’Connor, president and CEO of Topcon Positioning Systems, said, “For the first time, there’s a software solution that combines every facet of managing a company’s projects, data, and assets. Management, communication and collaboration across multiple projects and teams have never been easier.”
The Magnet family includes four basic products: Field, Tools, Office, and Enterprise. The Field, Tools, and Office products can be purchased outright, or can simply be activated as a subscription by picking from one of the Magnet Solution packages.
O’Connor said, “The heart of Magnet is a cloud-based web environment that connects every user within a company to each other, within the productivity application you use, or by simply logging in using your web browser.”
He said, “We looked at all types of survey and construction firms and listened to end-users about what they wanted from their positioning and project management application and services. We had a singular goal, which was to make our customers more productive across all of the tools we offer, and let them control the environment to fit their needs… and that is the genesis of Magnet. You can visualize all of your company’s projects, job files, equipment assets, and even plot job points, lines, and areas on a familiar map interface.”
Hallett said, “Magnet Enterprise is an individual company cloud. From initial planning stage, throughout every phase of every project, Magnet puts the control in your hands, where it belongs, and where it will maximize time-savings and profits for the company.”
Key features of Magnet include:
– Enterprise: Magnet makes it easy to store and access all company and project data from a cloud environment. Track assets, manage projects, exchange data, and communicate in real-time.
– Field: Magnet connects field users to the cloud, and enables real-time communication, cloud storage and data exchange, and includes powerful field software for topo, staking, roads, and calculations.
– Tools: Magnet can process and exchange data between the enterprise cloud and favorite desktop applications, i.e., Autodesk Civil 3D.
– Office: Magnet exchanges design files, survey jobs, and surfaces through the enterprise cloud for simple project revisions and real-time survey data from the field.
– Cloud: Magnet provides cloud storage plans that are secure and safe with enough room to keep all your data in one location.
– Store: Magnet provides access to the online store, with secure credit card transactions, to take advantage of every application Magnet has to offer.
Hallett said that Magnet will be available by the end of the year.
The Topcon Group designs and manufactures precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets. Its positioning product brands include Topcon, Sokkia, Gowin, and Magnet. Topcon Corporation (Tokyo Stock Exchange – 7732), was founded in 1932.
MORE FROM Boomerang
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business369 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update329 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness258 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options253 Views