The Top 50 ‘Smart Transportation Solutions’
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 12, 2009
From the seven North Carolina bridges replaced in 45 days to the Utah highway that reduced commuters’ drive time from 42 to 16 minutes, a new report released by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) highlights 50 projects nationwide that showcase smart transportation solutions by state transportation departments.
The report, “Smart Solutions: 50 Ways America Just Got Better,” highlights success stories of state DOTs across the nation from the 2009 America’s Transportation Awards competition. The contest is sponsored by AASHTO, AAA, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
To find out the top 50 projects, go to http://news.transportation.org/press_release.aspx?Action=ViewNews&NewsID=266
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?432 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs394 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges193 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views