The Top 50 'Smart Transportation Solutions'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 12, 2009
From the seven North Carolina bridges replaced in 45 days to the Utah highway that reduced commuters’ drive time from 42 to 16 minutes, a new report released by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) highlights 50 projects nationwide that showcase smart transportation solutions by state transportation departments.
The report, “Smart Solutions: 50 Ways America Just Got Better,” highlights success stories of state DOTs across the nation from the 2009 America’s Transportation Awards competition. The contest is sponsored by AASHTO, AAA, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
To find out the top 50 projects, go to http://news.transportation.org/press_release.aspx?Action=ViewNews&NewsID=266
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier265 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver253 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase127 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative108 Views
- Polls show states do not support gas tax increase98 Views