The Top 50 ‘Smart Transportation Solutions’
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 12, 2009
From the seven North Carolina bridges replaced in 45 days to the Utah highway that reduced commuters’ drive time from 42 to 16 minutes, a new report released by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) highlights 50 projects nationwide that showcase smart transportation solutions by state transportation departments.
The report, “Smart Solutions: 50 Ways America Just Got Better,” highlights success stories of state DOTs across the nation from the 2009 America’s Transportation Awards competition. The contest is sponsored by AASHTO, AAA, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
To find out the top 50 projects, go to http://news.transportation.org/press_release.aspx?Action=ViewNews&NewsID=266
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency507 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'408 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill393 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs353 Views
- AGC: Cars crashed into 45% of highway contractors' work zones in 2013253 Views