The Top 10 Public Works Leaders of the Year
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 6, 2010
The American Public Works Association (APWA) has named its Top 10 Public Works Leaders of the Year. (For a list of award winners from 1960 through 2009, go to http://www.apwa.net/About/Awards.asp?Display=top10list.
The Top 10 Winner for this year are the following:
Brian G. Amundson, director of public work, City of Eau Claire. Nominated by Wisconsin Chapter
R. Mark DeVries, superintendent, McHenry County Division of Transportation.
Larry W. Frevert, P.E., VP/national program director-public works HDR Engineering, Inc.
Ray C. Funnye, public services director, Georgetown County, S.C.
James “Jim” N. Grube, director of transportation and county engineer, Hennepin County Minn.
Richard “Rick” Keeney “Rick, public works director, City of Punta Gorda, Fla.
Will Kempton, CEO, Orange County Transportation Authority
Carl L. Quiram, P.E., director of public works, Town of Goffstown, N.H.
W. Chris Thompson, P.E., director of public services, City of High Point, N.C.
Brian J. Ziegler, P.E., public works director, Pierce County Public Works, Wash.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes543 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse483 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers137 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects74 Views