The Top 10 Public Works Leaders of the Year
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 6, 2010
The American Public Works Association (APWA) has named its Top 10 Public Works Leaders of the Year. (For a list of award winners from 1960 through 2009, go to http://www.apwa.net/About/Awards.asp?Display=top10list.
The Top 10 Winner for this year are the following:
Brian G. Amundson, director of public work, City of Eau Claire. Nominated by Wisconsin Chapter
R. Mark DeVries, superintendent, McHenry County Division of Transportation.
Larry W. Frevert, P.E., VP/national program director-public works HDR Engineering, Inc.
Ray C. Funnye, public services director, Georgetown County, S.C.
James “Jim” N. Grube, director of transportation and county engineer, Hennepin County Minn.
Richard “Rick” Keeney “Rick, public works director, City of Punta Gorda, Fla.
Will Kempton, CEO, Orange County Transportation Authority
Carl L. Quiram, P.E., director of public works, Town of Goffstown, N.H.
W. Chris Thompson, P.E., director of public services, City of High Point, N.C.
Brian J. Ziegler, P.E., public works director, Pierce County Public Works, Wash.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2195 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1287 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...966 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house604 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones528 Views