The Top 10 Public Works Leaders of the Year
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 6, 2010
The American Public Works Association (APWA) has named its Top 10 Public Works Leaders of the Year. (For a list of award winners from 1960 through 2009, go to http://www.apwa.net/About/Awards.asp?Display=top10list.
The Top 10 Winner for this year are the following:
Brian G. Amundson, director of public work, City of Eau Claire. Nominated by Wisconsin Chapter
R. Mark DeVries, superintendent, McHenry County Division of Transportation.
Larry W. Frevert, P.E., VP/national program director-public works HDR Engineering, Inc.
Ray C. Funnye, public services director, Georgetown County, S.C.
James “Jim” N. Grube, director of transportation and county engineer, Hennepin County Minn.
Richard “Rick” Keeney “Rick, public works director, City of Punta Gorda, Fla.
Will Kempton, CEO, Orange County Transportation Authority
Carl L. Quiram, P.E., director of public works, Town of Goffstown, N.H.
W. Chris Thompson, P.E., director of public services, City of High Point, N.C.
Brian J. Ziegler, P.E., public works director, Pierce County Public Works, Wash.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill394 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs392 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River302 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update278 Views