The Pope’s New Car
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 17, 2013
Pope Francis was given his very own “Popemobile” and now he’s planning to take it out for a drive, according to an Associated Press report in USA Today.
The pope was given the car – a manual shift 1984 Renault 4 with a new engine in an appropriate white color – through a donation from Rev. Renzo Zocca, according to the new agency’s report. Zocca, a priest from northern Italy, previously used the car to visit poor parishioners.
Apparently, the pontiff has already been out for a spin in the car. Zocca noted in the report that he thinks the pope will use the car for short commutes on the Vatican grounds.
For more photos of the Pope and his new car, check out New York Daily News.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system471 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views
- N.J. transportation commissioner calls for tax hike109 Views