The Pope’s New Car
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 17, 2013
Pope Francis was given his very own “Popemobile” and now he’s planning to take it out for a drive, according to an Associated Press report in USA Today.
The pope was given the car – a manual shift 1984 Renault 4 with a new engine in an appropriate white color – through a donation from Rev. Renzo Zocca, according to the new agency’s report. Zocca, a priest from northern Italy, previously used the car to visit poor parishioners.
Apparently, the pontiff has already been out for a spin in the car. Zocca noted in the report that he thinks the pope will use the car for short commutes on the Vatican grounds.
For more photos of the Pope and his new car, check out New York Daily News.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party401 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax313 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete267 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?238 Views