The Pope’s New Car
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 17, 2013
Pope Francis was given his very own “Popemobile” and now he’s planning to take it out for a drive, according to an Associated Press report in USA Today.
The pope was given the car – a manual shift 1984 Renault 4 with a new engine in an appropriate white color – through a donation from Rev. Renzo Zocca, according to the new agency’s report. Zocca, a priest from northern Italy, previously used the car to visit poor parishioners.
Apparently, the pontiff has already been out for a spin in the car. Zocca noted in the report that he thinks the pope will use the car for short commutes on the Vatican grounds.
For more photos of the Pope and his new car, check out New York Daily News.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes625 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts544 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse495 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers178 Views
- 'Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over' holiday crackdown begins73 Views