The Pope’s New Car
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 17, 2013
Pope Francis was given his very own “Popemobile” and now he’s planning to take it out for a drive, according to an Associated Press report in USA Today.
The pope was given the car – a manual shift 1984 Renault 4 with a new engine in an appropriate white color – through a donation from Rev. Renzo Zocca, according to the new agency’s report. Zocca, a priest from northern Italy, previously used the car to visit poor parishioners.
Apparently, the pontiff has already been out for a spin in the car. Zocca noted in the report that he thinks the pope will use the car for short commutes on the Vatican grounds.
For more photos of the Pope and his new car, check out New York Daily News.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?471 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group257 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders157 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget153 Views
- Hyundai President Yoon: Company to intro Tier 4 Final F-Series this year148 Views