The Pope’s New Car
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 17, 2013
Pope Francis was given his very own “Popemobile” and now he’s planning to take it out for a drive, according to an Associated Press report in USA Today.
The pope was given the car – a manual shift 1984 Renault 4 with a new engine in an appropriate white color – through a donation from Rev. Renzo Zocca, according to the new agency’s report. Zocca, a priest from northern Italy, previously used the car to visit poor parishioners.
Apparently, the pontiff has already been out for a spin in the car. Zocca noted in the report that he thinks the pope will use the car for short commutes on the Vatican grounds.
For more photos of the Pope and his new car, check out New York Daily News.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Firearms to be used for road construction756 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events710 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes591 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines463 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up448 Views