The 9 most embarrassing car colors
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 3, 2014
Do you care what color your car is painted?
According to the results of a CarInsurance.com survey, a large percentage of people would not drive a purple, bright yellow or orange car.
However, the survey shows that nearly the same percentage of people say their distaste for the car’s color depends on the type of car.
See the list of the most embarrassing colors below:
1. Depends on the car: 38%
2. Purple: 17%
3. Bright yellow: 16%
4. Orange: 13%
5. Brown: 5%
6. Gold: 5%
7. Green: 2%
8. Bright red: 2%
9. White: 1%
Here’s how CarInsurance.com came up with these percentages: CarInsurance.com commissioned a survey of 1,500 licensed drivers, who were shown a gallery of 12 images of vehicles. Participants were asked to rate each vehicle as embarrassing or not, then to rate their top three choices, most embarrassing first. The Cringe Score assigned point values to all 1, 2 and 3 rankings, then standardized them to a 1 to 10 scale.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Firearms to be used for road construction749 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events709 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes591 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines456 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up447 Views