Texas Sen. Cornyn: ‘Jobs numbers are a positive sign that our economy is moving in the right direction’
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 4, 2011
U.S. Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) a member of the Senate Finance and Budget committees, issued a statement on April 1 regarding the U.S. Department of Labor’s March jobs report indicating the national unemployment rate has dropped to 8.8 percent.
The statement is as follows:
“Today’s jobs numbers are a positive sign that our economy is moving in the right direction and further evidence that tax relief, not stimulus spending, is the best way to get job creators on the move again. Since Republicans convinced our colleagues across the aisle not to raise taxes, America has added nearly 650,000 jobs and the unemployment rate has dropped from 9.4 percent to 8.8 percent.
“Nevertheless, Washington’s regulatory uncertainty is keeping many job creators on the sidelines and many millions of Americans unemployed. If we really want to kick our economy into high gear, we need to reign in federal bureaucrats who are making it difficult to predict future energy and health care costs, as well as access to credit.”
MORE FROM Economics
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?192 Views