Texas Sen. Cornyn: ‘Jobs numbers are a positive sign that our economy is moving in the right direction’
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 4, 2011
U.S. Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) a member of the Senate Finance and Budget committees, issued a statement on April 1 regarding the U.S. Department of Labor’s March jobs report indicating the national unemployment rate has dropped to 8.8 percent.
The statement is as follows:
“Today’s jobs numbers are a positive sign that our economy is moving in the right direction and further evidence that tax relief, not stimulus spending, is the best way to get job creators on the move again. Since Republicans convinced our colleagues across the aisle not to raise taxes, America has added nearly 650,000 jobs and the unemployment rate has dropped from 9.4 percent to 8.8 percent.
“Nevertheless, Washington’s regulatory uncertainty is keeping many job creators on the sidelines and many millions of Americans unemployed. If we really want to kick our economy into high gear, we need to reign in federal bureaucrats who are making it difficult to predict future energy and health care costs, as well as access to credit.”
MORE FROM Economics
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving416 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice362 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness296 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options289 Views
- CBO: Highway Trust Fund would shortfall under Obama's proposed budget228 Views