Texas Sen. Cornyn: ‘Jobs numbers are a positive sign that our economy is moving in the right direction’
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 4, 2011
U.S. Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) a member of the Senate Finance and Budget committees, issued a statement on April 1 regarding the U.S. Department of Labor’s March jobs report indicating the national unemployment rate has dropped to 8.8 percent.
The statement is as follows:
“Today’s jobs numbers are a positive sign that our economy is moving in the right direction and further evidence that tax relief, not stimulus spending, is the best way to get job creators on the move again. Since Republicans convinced our colleagues across the aisle not to raise taxes, America has added nearly 650,000 jobs and the unemployment rate has dropped from 9.4 percent to 8.8 percent.
“Nevertheless, Washington’s regulatory uncertainty is keeping many job creators on the sidelines and many millions of Americans unemployed. If we really want to kick our economy into high gear, we need to reign in federal bureaucrats who are making it difficult to predict future energy and health care costs, as well as access to credit.”
MORE FROM Economics
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2276 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1273 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority624 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles584 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project552 Views