Texas Sen. Cornyn: ‘Jobs numbers are a positive sign that our economy is moving in the right direction’
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 4, 2011
U.S. Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) a member of the Senate Finance and Budget committees, issued a statement on April 1 regarding the U.S. Department of Labor’s March jobs report indicating the national unemployment rate has dropped to 8.8 percent.
The statement is as follows:
“Today’s jobs numbers are a positive sign that our economy is moving in the right direction and further evidence that tax relief, not stimulus spending, is the best way to get job creators on the move again. Since Republicans convinced our colleagues across the aisle not to raise taxes, America has added nearly 650,000 jobs and the unemployment rate has dropped from 9.4 percent to 8.8 percent.
“Nevertheless, Washington’s regulatory uncertainty is keeping many job creators on the sidelines and many millions of Americans unemployed. If we really want to kick our economy into high gear, we need to reign in federal bureaucrats who are making it difficult to predict future energy and health care costs, as well as access to credit.”
MORE FROM Economics
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]919 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong862 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus381 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views