Terex opens manufacturing facility in China
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | March 18, 2011
Drummers and dragon dancers dazzled attendees celebrating the official grand opening of the new Terex Aerial Work Platforms Changzhou manufacturing facility, located in a business park close to Shanghai, China.
The new Terex facility, built to serve as the product development, parts distribution and service center for China, is approximately 260,000 square feet. It is part of Terex AWP’s global expansion plan to produce local products for local markets. The facility includes a showroom to display finished products and a training area for customers, dealers and team members. The site was also selected for its potential capabilities to become a future Terex Corporation manufacturing campus.
Terex AWP established a sales and distribution office in China 12 years ago for its Genie products.
MORE FROM Industry
- 3 workers hit, 1 killed in highway construction zone crash1584 Views
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses1022 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets993 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway742 Views
- Are flying robots the future of road construction?635 Views