Terex opens manufacturing facility in China
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | March 18, 2011
Drummers and dragon dancers dazzled attendees celebrating the official grand opening of the new Terex Aerial Work Platforms Changzhou manufacturing facility, located in a business park close to Shanghai, China.
The new Terex facility, built to serve as the product development, parts distribution and service center for China, is approximately 260,000 square feet. It is part of Terex AWP’s global expansion plan to produce local products for local markets. The facility includes a showroom to display finished products and a training area for customers, dealers and team members. The site was also selected for its potential capabilities to become a future Terex Corporation manufacturing campus.
Terex AWP established a sales and distribution office in China 12 years ago for its Genie products.
MORE FROM Industry
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts558 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes546 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views