Terex opens manufacturing facility in China
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | March 18, 2011
Drummers and dragon dancers dazzled attendees celebrating the official grand opening of the new Terex Aerial Work Platforms Changzhou manufacturing facility, located in a business park close to Shanghai, China.
The new Terex facility, built to serve as the product development, parts distribution and service center for China, is approximately 260,000 square feet. It is part of Terex AWP’s global expansion plan to produce local products for local markets. The facility includes a showroom to display finished products and a training area for customers, dealers and team members. The site was also selected for its potential capabilities to become a future Terex Corporation manufacturing campus.
Terex AWP established a sales and distribution office in China 12 years ago for its Genie products.
MORE FROM Industry
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work1558 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority852 Views
- Driver hops out of truck and attacks construction worker771 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles725 Views
- Construction error and weather causes new pavement to crumble within hours555 Views