Tensar completes investement in Georgia geogrid production plant
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 3, 2012
Tensar International has completed a major investment in its Morrow, Ga., geogrid production plant. The facility’s new extruder is now operating at full capacity, offering additional production capacity for Tensar TriAx Geogrids.
The new extruder can run multiple resin types and allows the facility to run longer production campaigns.
Significant growth of TriAx Geogrid sales prompted the investment, according to Tensar.
Tensar produces its geogrids by extruding a sheet of polymer followed by a process of punching and drawing to create a stiff grid structure. By increasing the extrusion capacity, the Morrow plant will balance the existing output of the geogrid punching and drawing processes.
Currently, three plants service Tensar’s global needs. The Morrow plant serves the Americas, while plants in U.K. and China primarily serve the rest of the global demand. Tensar is also investing in a similar expansion in the Wuhan plant in China to add further capacity in early 2013.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1034 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse739 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?307 Views
- VIDEO: Watch time-lapse of I-84 bridge replacement304 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments292 Views