Tensar completes investement in Georgia geogrid production plant
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 3, 2012
Tensar International has completed a major investment in its Morrow, Ga., geogrid production plant. The facility’s new extruder is now operating at full capacity, offering additional production capacity for Tensar TriAx Geogrids.
The new extruder can run multiple resin types and allows the facility to run longer production campaigns.
Significant growth of TriAx Geogrid sales prompted the investment, according to Tensar.
Tensar produces its geogrids by extruding a sheet of polymer followed by a process of punching and drawing to create a stiff grid structure. By increasing the extrusion capacity, the Morrow plant will balance the existing output of the geogrid punching and drawing processes.
Currently, three plants service Tensar’s global needs. The Morrow plant serves the Americas, while plants in U.K. and China primarily serve the rest of the global demand. Tensar is also investing in a similar expansion in the Wuhan plant in China to add further capacity in early 2013.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]901 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong811 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths746 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers630 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road465 Views