Tensar completes investement in Georgia geogrid production plant
Tensar International has completed a major investment in its Morrow, Ga., geogrid production plant. The facility’s new extruder is now operating at full capacity, offering additional production capacity for Tensar TriAx Geogrids.
The new extruder can run multiple resin types and allows the facility to run longer production campaigns.
Significant growth of TriAx Geogrid sales prompted the investment, according to Tensar.
Tensar produces its geogrids by extruding a sheet of polymer followed by a process of punching and drawing to create a stiff grid structure. By increasing the extrusion capacity, the Morrow plant will balance the existing output of the geogrid punching and drawing processes.
Currently, three plants service Tensar’s global needs. The Morrow plant serves the Americas, while plants in U.K. and China primarily serve the rest of the global demand. Tensar is also investing in a similar expansion in the Wuhan plant in China to add further capacity in early 2013.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)461 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports427 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign260 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says253 Views