Tennessee DOT unveils new logo
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 18, 2011
The Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) has unveiled a new logo that the agency says provides continuity with the state of Tennessee and other state agencies. The logo incorporates the three stars as well as the official red, white, and blue colors of the Tennessee state flag.
“TDOT’s logo should represent the department’s commitment to the people of Tennessee and our connection to other state agencies,” said TDOT Commissioner John Schroer. “We are a large agency with facilities in all 95 Tennessee counties and this new look will provide TDOT with a strong identity that symbolizes unity and pride in the state we represent.”
The new logo was selected by TDOT employees, with more than two thousand staff members casting ballots to choose the winning design. The logo image was created by TDOT staff at no cost to taxpayers. New signage for TDOT’s Headquarters, Regional offices, and district and county facilities will be created in-house and will be installed by TDOT employees.
TDOT will continue to use the current logo with the green arrow for its SmartWAY Intelligent Transportation System.
MORE FROM Industry
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1959 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1310 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1032 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...877 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones539 Views