Tennessee DOT unveils new logo
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 18, 2011
The Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) has unveiled a new logo that the agency says provides continuity with the state of Tennessee and other state agencies. The logo incorporates the three stars as well as the official red, white, and blue colors of the Tennessee state flag.
“TDOT’s logo should represent the department’s commitment to the people of Tennessee and our connection to other state agencies,” said TDOT Commissioner John Schroer. “We are a large agency with facilities in all 95 Tennessee counties and this new look will provide TDOT with a strong identity that symbolizes unity and pride in the state we represent.”
The new logo was selected by TDOT employees, with more than two thousand staff members casting ballots to choose the winning design. The logo image was created by TDOT staff at no cost to taxpayers. New signage for TDOT’s Headquarters, Regional offices, and district and county facilities will be created in-house and will be installed by TDOT employees.
TDOT will continue to use the current logo with the green arrow for its SmartWAY Intelligent Transportation System.
MORE FROM Industry
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure223 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?84 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards83 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views