Tennessee DOT unveils new logo
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 18, 2011
The Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) has unveiled a new logo that the agency says provides continuity with the state of Tennessee and other state agencies. The logo incorporates the three stars as well as the official red, white, and blue colors of the Tennessee state flag.
“TDOT’s logo should represent the department’s commitment to the people of Tennessee and our connection to other state agencies,” said TDOT Commissioner John Schroer. “We are a large agency with facilities in all 95 Tennessee counties and this new look will provide TDOT with a strong identity that symbolizes unity and pride in the state we represent.”
The new logo was selected by TDOT employees, with more than two thousand staff members casting ballots to choose the winning design. The logo image was created by TDOT staff at no cost to taxpayers. New signage for TDOT’s Headquarters, Regional offices, and district and county facilities will be created in-house and will be installed by TDOT employees.
TDOT will continue to use the current logo with the green arrow for its SmartWAY Intelligent Transportation System.
MORE FROM Industry
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?441 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group293 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines166 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders158 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget152 Views