Tennessee DOT accepting biofuel corridor grant applications
Biodiesel is a clean, renewable fuel produced from vegetable oils, such as soybeans, or animal fats. Pure biodiesel is nontoxic and biodegradable. B20 is a mixture of 20 percent biodiesel and 80 percent petroleum diesel and can be used in almost all diesel engines without modifications.
Ethanol is a high octane, domestic and renewable fuel made from plant sugars. For vehicle use, ethanol is blended with gasoline in blends of up to 10 percent (E10) or 85 percent (E85) ethanol. Ethanol burns cleaner than petroleum gasoline and reduces the emission of carbon dioxide and a variety of pollutants that contribute to ozone levels.
MORE FROM Industry
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects666 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)389 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)330 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots295 Views