TDOT accepting ‘Green Island’ Biofuels Corridor grant applications
To find an E85 or B20 station near you visit www.tennesseeanytime.org/maps/, select your location, go to the “What” tab at the top of the menu and choose E85 or B20. To download a Green Island Grant application, go to www.tn.gov/tdot/biofuel/application.htm.
Biodiesel is a clean, renewable fuel produced from vegetable oils, such as soybeans, or animal fats. Pure biodiesel is nontoxic and biodegradable. B20 is a mixture of 20 percent biodiesel and 80 percent petroleum diesel and can be used in almost all diesel engines without modifications.
Ethanol is a high octane, domestic and renewable fuel made from plant sugars. For vehicle use, ethanol is blended with gasoline in blends of up to 10 percent (E10) or 85 percent (E85) ethanol. Ethanol burns cleaner than petroleum gasoline and reduces the emission of carbon dioxide and a variety of pollutants that contribute to ozone levels.
MORE FROM Industry
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)806 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D289 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign267 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says265 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers260 Views