Takeuchi expands Tier 4 lineup with TB230 and TB240 compact excavators
Amanda Bayhi | June 27, 2014
Takeuchi has made available its TB230 and TB240 compact excavators, expanding the company’s Tier 4 lineup.
Both machines are hydraulic and have the same design as the recently introduced TB260.
The 6,607-pound TB230 is powered by a 24-horsepower Tier 4 Final computer-controlled Yanmar engine and offers a bucket breakout force of 6,471 pounds. The redesigned exterior is built for high visibility and easy service access.
The operator’s station on the TB230 features a multi-function monitor, function switches, electronic throttle control and precision pilot controls with a proportional slide switch for controlling auxiliary functions.
The TB240, introduced at ConExpo-ConAgg earlier this year, has an operating weight of 8,289 pounds and delivers 9,959 pounds of digging force — a nearly 15-percent increase over the TB235.
A Tier 4 computer-controlled Yanmar engine provides the TB240 with more than 35 gross horsepower — 20 percent more than the TB235 — and features two new working modes: Eco and Power.
The TB240 also includes adjustable auxiliary flow settings for multiple attachments, a reinforced boom with large gusset reinforcements for improved durability and a redesigned body that allows for ground-level panoramic serviceability, eliminating the need for an operator’s station.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong988 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]959 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction459 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair435 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views