Takeuchi expands Tier 4 lineup with TB230 and TB240 compact excavators
Amanda Bayhi | June 27, 2014
Takeuchi has made available its TB230 and TB240 compact excavators, expanding the company’s Tier 4 lineup.
Both machines are hydraulic and have the same design as the recently introduced TB260.
The 6,607-pound TB230 is powered by a 24-horsepower Tier 4 Final computer-controlled Yanmar engine and offers a bucket breakout force of 6,471 pounds. The redesigned exterior is built for high visibility and easy service access.
The operator’s station on the TB230 features a multi-function monitor, function switches, electronic throttle control and precision pilot controls with a proportional slide switch for controlling auxiliary functions.
The TB240, introduced at ConExpo-ConAgg earlier this year, has an operating weight of 8,289 pounds and delivers 9,959 pounds of digging force — a nearly 15-percent increase over the TB235.
A Tier 4 computer-controlled Yanmar engine provides the TB240 with more than 35 gross horsepower — 20 percent more than the TB235 — and features two new working modes: Eco and Power.
The TB240 also includes adjustable auxiliary flow settings for multiple attachments, a reinforced boom with large gusset reinforcements for improved durability and a redesigned body that allows for ground-level panoramic serviceability, eliminating the need for an operator’s station.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier257 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver251 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase126 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative122 Views
- Michigan Senate votes to raise gas tax96 Views