Takayuki Hamaya promoted to Yokohama Tire Corp. COO
Staff Report | January 2, 2013
Takayuki Hamaya has been promoted to chief operating officer of the Yokohama Tire Corp. (YTC), according to Yasushi Tanaka, president and CEO of (YTC).
Hamaya will also retain his position as company executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Tanaka said Hamaya will now assume executive responsibility for the following functions: Consumer, Commercial, OTR and OE sales, accounting and finance, corporate planning, supply chain and operations, as well as internal audit.
Hamaya, who graduated from Senshu University in 1988 with a degree in economics, and earned an MBA from Alaska Pacific University in 1992, joined The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd. (YTC’s parent company) later the same year. In 2004, he was named president of Yokohama Europe, and in 2005 became president of several Yokohama sales companies (in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden and Russia).
In 2007, Hamaya returned to Japan following an appointment as General Manager, Secretariat to work directly with then President of Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., Tadanobu Nagumo.
In 2009, Hamaya was promoted to president of Yokohama Tire Philippines (Manufacturing) and president of Yokohama Tire Sales Philippines. In 2011, he moved to the United States and was named EVP and CFO of Fullerton, California-based Yokohama Tire Corp.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2153 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1275 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project544 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans445 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 311 Views