Takayuki Hamaya promoted to Yokohama Tire Corp. COO
Staff Report | January 2, 2013
Takayuki Hamaya has been promoted to chief operating officer of the Yokohama Tire Corp. (YTC), according to Yasushi Tanaka, president and CEO of (YTC).
Hamaya will also retain his position as company executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Tanaka said Hamaya will now assume executive responsibility for the following functions: Consumer, Commercial, OTR and OE sales, accounting and finance, corporate planning, supply chain and operations, as well as internal audit.
Hamaya, who graduated from Senshu University in 1988 with a degree in economics, and earned an MBA from Alaska Pacific University in 1992, joined The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd. (YTC’s parent company) later the same year. In 2004, he was named president of Yokohama Europe, and in 2005 became president of several Yokohama sales companies (in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden and Russia).
In 2007, Hamaya returned to Japan following an appointment as General Manager, Secretariat to work directly with then President of Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., Tadanobu Nagumo.
In 2009, Hamaya was promoted to president of Yokohama Tire Philippines (Manufacturing) and president of Yokohama Tire Sales Philippines. In 2011, he moved to the United States and was named EVP and CFO of Fullerton, California-based Yokohama Tire Corp.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident914 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?559 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds550 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side497 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes453 Views