More Articles for Yetkin Yildirim
A different kind of concrete pavement treatment is shot blasting, also called shot abrading. “Surface texture and friction are the main factors affecting the safety of pavements,” says Yetkin Yildirim, P.E., director of the Texas Pavement Preservation Center at the University ...
Decoding the secrets of asphalt stripping and raveling By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Raveling describes the loss of aggregate from the driving surface of a bituminous concrete pavement. Loss of aggregate through raveling encourages pothole formation and cracking, which can introduce water ...
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2154 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1323 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...904 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house570 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones546 Views