More Articles for Yetkin Yildirim
A different kind of concrete pavement treatment is shot blasting, also called shot abrading. “Surface texture and friction are the main factors affecting the safety of pavements,” says Yetkin Yildirim, P.E., director of the Texas Pavement Preservation Center at the University ...
Decoding the secrets of asphalt stripping and raveling By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Raveling describes the loss of aggregate from the driving surface of a bituminous concrete pavement. Loss of aggregate through raveling encourages pothole formation and cracking, which can introduce water ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2079 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1212 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project528 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans393 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?352 Views