More Articles for Yetkin Yildirim
A different kind of concrete pavement treatment is shot blasting, also called shot abrading. “Surface texture and friction are the main factors affecting the safety of pavements,” says Yetkin Yildirim, P.E., director of the Texas Pavement Preservation Center at the University ...
Decoding the secrets of asphalt stripping and raveling By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Raveling describes the loss of aggregate from the driving surface of a bituminous concrete pavement. Loss of aggregate through raveling encourages pothole formation and cracking, which can introduce water ...
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system487 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass198 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run188 Views
- Cement shortage taking its toll on Minnesota projects130 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues126 Views