More Articles for workzone safety
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has launched its latest road safety features, which include the use of Automated Flagger Assistance Devices (AFADs), temporary rumble strips and flashing-yellow, left-turn arrows. AFADs increase worker safety by allowing TxDOT crews to route traffic ...
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has introduced the state’s first highway safety feature to prevent workzone collisions by using an End-of-Queue Warning System and temporary rumble strips. The End-of-Queue Warning System measures the speeds of approaching vehicles via a sensor, ...
The third California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) worker in 48 days died on the job after being struck by a vehicle, according to a June 20 press statement from the agency. These fatalities are the most ever in such a ...
Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) Maintenance Crew Leader Kris Sandgren, an avid bicyclist from Springfield, Mo., began a 2,600-mile bicycle journey today to bring attention to the importance of workzone safety and raise money for a Missouri Fallen Workers’ Memorial. “When ...
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs397 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views