More Articles for workzone safety
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has launched its latest road safety features, which include the use of Automated Flagger Assistance Devices (AFADs), temporary rumble strips and flashing-yellow, left-turn arrows. AFADs increase worker safety by allowing TxDOT crews to route traffic ...
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) has introduced the state’s first highway safety feature to prevent workzone collisions by using an End-of-Queue Warning System and temporary rumble strips. The End-of-Queue Warning System measures the speeds of approaching vehicles via a sensor, ...
The third California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) worker in 48 days died on the job after being struck by a vehicle, according to a June 20 press statement from the agency. These fatalities are the most ever in such a ...
Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) Maintenance Crew Leader Kris Sandgren, an avid bicyclist from Springfield, Mo., began a 2,600-mile bicycle journey today to bring attention to the importance of workzone safety and raise money for a Missouri Fallen Workers’ Memorial. “When ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2176 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority635 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles610 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans520 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers496 Views