More Articles for WisDOT
The Leo Frigo Memorial Bridge has been closed since Sept. 25 after motorists reported a 2-foot dip in the pavement across all lanes of traffic east of the river, according to a report in the Post Crescent. Now, around-the-clock repair efforts ...
Winter weather has hit much of the United States from Texas to Colorado and the Midwest and the Northeast. There have been flight delays, school closings and major accidents. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) captured on traffic cameras a major pileup ...
Decoding the secrets of asphalt stripping and raveling By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Raveling describes the loss of aggregate from the driving surface of a bituminous concrete pavement. Loss of aggregate through raveling encourages pothole formation and cracking, which can introduce water ...
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) has launched a construction project web site and a statewide 511 Twitter feed to inform travelers about road conditions in the state. Both are part of the broader Wisconsin 511 website. The website, projects.511wi.gov, provides real-time ...
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?438 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views