More Articles for winter storms
Through some trial and error in storage, different application equipment and roadway applications, one city’s continued use of liquids has evolved into innovative treatment methods. Last month, Better Roads covered how professional-grade salt-brine making, blending and truck loading systems are being ...
During the rough winter weather storms caused by the polar vortex the week after the New Year holiday, snow and ice caused cars to slide off the road, semis to get stuck and some interstates to shut down for hours. According ...
It’s no secret that extreme winter weather can drive up costs, forcing state transportation departments to think creatively when looking for effective solutions within their budgets. American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) President and Secretary of the Kentucky ...
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]920 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong864 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views