More Articles for Washington State DOT
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) has announced that Interstate 5 has been closed in both directions in Skagit County south of Burlington. The agency said via Twitter that drivers should avoid the area or expect delays. WSDOT suggested the following ...
Solving the Riddle of RAP and Thermal Cracking By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Use of reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) in hot-, warm- and cold-mix asphalt is growing dramatically, as tests validate its use in ever-increasing quantities. But there are fears that higher quantities ...
Quiet Moves A war is being waged on noise generated by pavements and highways. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Today, highway noise is considered an undesirable emission, just as if it were a noxious gas out of the tailpipe. But road designs can ...
Building Better Roads from the Ground Up A strong foundation is the key to a strong pavement structure By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor A pavement is only as strong as its foundation. Without an adequate base or foundation, a road simply cannot stand ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges360 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory328 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college311 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress220 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?165 Views