More Articles for Washington State DOT
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) has announced that Interstate 5 has been closed in both directions in Skagit County south of Burlington. The agency said via Twitter that drivers should avoid the area or expect delays. WSDOT suggested the following ...
Solving the Riddle of RAP and Thermal Cracking By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Use of reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) in hot-, warm- and cold-mix asphalt is growing dramatically, as tests validate its use in ever-increasing quantities. But there are fears that higher quantities ...
Quiet Moves A war is being waged on noise generated by pavements and highways. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Today, highway noise is considered an undesirable emission, just as if it were a noxious gas out of the tailpipe. But road designs can ...
Building Better Roads from the Ground Up A strong foundation is the key to a strong pavement structure By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor A pavement is only as strong as its foundation. Without an adequate base or foundation, a road simply cannot stand ...
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts504 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse342 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster115 Views
- $163 billion needed annually to fix aging surface transportation system101 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views