More Articles for Vermont
Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin on Monday signed a $685.7 million transportation bill for fiscal year 2015, marking the largest transportation infrastructure investment in the state’s history. The legislation approves infrastructure improvements and maintenance, supports a multimodal transportation system and focuses on ...
One of the biggest problems for owners of electric cars is that long journeys are often out of the question due to the scarcity of charging stations near most major highways. However, electric vehicle owners will soon have the chance to ...
On Monday, Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin signed the state’s transportation budget bill, which includes a new gas tax, Burlington Free Press reported. The new tax goes into effect today. The new gas tax is a 5.9-cents-per-gallon increase, which includes a 2-percent assessment on ...
Ever since the invention of the automobile, paved roads have meant progress. Now some cash-strapped towns and counties are finding progress too expensive, and they are tearing up battered roads and putting down gravel. The high price of pavement and the ...
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2126 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1321 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...893 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones542 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house483 Views