More Articles for vehicle-miles-traveled fee
With reauthorization less than a year away, many agencies are thinking about ways lawmakers can improve the new federal bill. Four American Public Works Association (APWA) Transportation Committee members joined last month at the APWA Congress and Exposition in Chicago, Illinois, ...
It’s really all about privacy. Or is it? Mark J. Perry, a professor of economics at the University of Michigan and a scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, says a vehicle miles traveled (VMT) fee is a bad idea. He says, “One feature ...
So, let’s see if this VMT thing works. Oregon is replacing the state's gas tax with a "pay per-mile road usage charge" A.K.A. a vehicle-miles-traveled (VMT) tax/fee--you choose which to call it. Wait, wait, don’t get all excited. Swapping your fuel tax ...
Following transportation funding discussions at this week’s Transportation Construction Coalition (TCC) Fly-In in Washington, D.C., Politico has reported the pros and cons of the four most popular money-raising options. Lawmakers at the Fly-In discussed four main options for funding infrastructure projects: ...
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]920 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong864 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views