More Articles for vehicle-miles-traveled fee
With reauthorization less than a year away, many agencies are thinking about ways lawmakers can improve the new federal bill. Four American Public Works Association (APWA) Transportation Committee members joined last month at the APWA Congress and Exposition in Chicago, Illinois, ...
It’s really all about privacy. Or is it? Mark J. Perry, a professor of economics at the University of Michigan and a scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, says a vehicle miles traveled (VMT) fee is a bad idea. He says, “One feature ...
So, let’s see if this VMT thing works. Oregon is replacing the state's gas tax with a "pay per-mile road usage charge" A.K.A. a vehicle-miles-traveled (VMT) tax/fee--you choose which to call it. Wait, wait, don’t get all excited. Swapping your fuel tax ...
Following transportation funding discussions at this week’s Transportation Construction Coalition (TCC) Fly-In in Washington, D.C., Politico has reported the pros and cons of the four most popular money-raising options. Lawmakers at the Fly-In discussed four main options for funding infrastructure projects: ...
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?388 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs376 Views
- VIDEO: Foxx: ‘We should do more than just stabilize the Highway Trust Fund’322 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges203 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants172 Views