More Articles for user fees
By John Latta, Tina Grady Barbaccia and Mike Anderson PIRG Blasts Highway Advocates; ARTBA Blasts PIRG The report is nothing if not blunt: “Highways do not, and — except for brief periods in our nation’s history — never have paid for themselves ...
Meet the New Hypocrisy. Same as the Old Hypocrisy. By Kirk Landers, Editor Emeritus When the 112th Congress convened in January, the new Republican majority in the House of Representatives made a great show of reading the U.S. Constitution aloud, word for word, ...
A strategic rail plan being prepared by the U.S. Department of Transportation should propose dedicated financing mechanisms outside of the Highway Trust Fund (HTF) to support high speed passenger rail, encourage open competition for work on all types of rail ...
The Curious Case of the Missing Rabbit Consider the situation of the magician who moves smoothly into the rabbit-out-of-a-top-hat trick. His preparation is designed to convey the impression of a skilled professional negotiating a tense preamble that must be done just ...
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier273 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver246 Views
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker223 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges129 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase128 Views