More Articles for Transportation Research Board (TRB)
The incursion of warm-mix asphalt (WMA) into the nation’s bituminous pavements continues unabated. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor The latest National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA)/Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) survey of asphalt producers’ use of recycled materials and warm-mix asphalt find that nearly ...
‘Bio-Binder’ Green Modifiers Star at TRB By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor The emerging universe of biologically based modified asphalts got significant exposure at the 92nd annual meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) in Washington, D.C. Better Roads was there. More than 11,700 ...
FHWA Administrator Victor Mendez talks to Editor-in-Chief John Latta Victor Mendez is Administrator of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), overseeing the agency and advising the Administration on strategic initiatives and policy. He launched FHWA’s Every Day Counts (EDC) initiative in November ...
The University of Washington and CH2M Hill have jointly released a sustainability performance metric, or "rating system," for roadway design and construction. The Greenroads system was unveiled at the Transportation Research Board (TRB) meeting last month in Washington, D.C.,and on Jan. ...
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?433 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs394 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges193 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views