More Articles for Tennessee DOT
Diamond grooving and grinding are being used to restore rough or polished concrete pavements to ultrasmooth conditions and quell noise – but at a price. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Diamond grooving and grinding of aging portland cement concrete (PCC) pavement renews ...
For the first time, pavement preservation is part of national surface transportation reauthorization legislation, which now explicitly supports preservation and asset management. Pavement preservation techniques are promoted as cost-effective and environmentally sustainable strategies designed to extend the life of existing pavements ...
Road Into Bridge A massive landslide causes Tennessee DOT to rethink its rebuilding By Tina Grady Barbaccia Sometimes it’s just better to start over. That’s exactly how the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) decided to handle the collapse of a nearly three-mile stretch of ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2269 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority605 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles547 Views