More Articles for Tennessee DOT
A recent message from Iowa Interstate displays posted by the Iowa DOT. In an effort to convince drivers to slow down and focus on the road, several state departments of transportation are turning to the permanent digital displays hanging over Interstates ...
Diamond grooving and grinding are being used to restore rough or polished concrete pavements to ultrasmooth conditions and quell noise – but at a price. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Diamond grooving and grinding of aging portland cement concrete (PCC) pavement renews ...
For the first time, pavement preservation is part of national surface transportation reauthorization legislation, which now explicitly supports preservation and asset management. Pavement preservation techniques are promoted as cost-effective and environmentally sustainable strategies designed to extend the life of existing pavements ...
Road Into Bridge A massive landslide causes Tennessee DOT to rethink its rebuilding By Tina Grady Barbaccia Sometimes it’s just better to start over. That’s exactly how the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) decided to handle the collapse of a nearly three-mile stretch of ...
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts555 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes543 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse487 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers138 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views