More Articles for Tennessee DOT
Diamond grooving and grinding are being used to restore rough or polished concrete pavements to ultrasmooth conditions and quell noise – but at a price. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Diamond grooving and grinding of aging portland cement concrete (PCC) pavement renews ...
For the first time, pavement preservation is part of national surface transportation reauthorization legislation, which now explicitly supports preservation and asset management. Pavement preservation techniques are promoted as cost-effective and environmentally sustainable strategies designed to extend the life of existing pavements ...
Road Into Bridge A massive landslide causes Tennessee DOT to rethink its rebuilding By Tina Grady Barbaccia Sometimes it’s just better to start over. That’s exactly how the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) decided to handle the collapse of a nearly three-mile stretch of ...
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?666 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax597 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards477 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund395 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete258 Views