More Articles for Taxpayers for Common Sense
Repair Priorities 2014: States annually spend $20.4 billion for new road construction, $16.5 billion for road repairs
State departments of transportation (DOTs) spend more each year on new road construction than on road repairs, according to a new report from Smart Growth America and Taxpayers for Common Sense. The report, “Repair Priorities 2014,” notes that between 2009 and ...
Buy New or Used? A new report on the repair/maintain/expand debate By John Latta A new report argues that spending decisions made at a state level are causing road conditions to get worse in parts of the country. The report was produced by Smart ...
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts553 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse458 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes256 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers129 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views