More Articles for Taxpayers for Common Sense
Repair Priorities 2014: States annually spend $20.4 billion for new road construction, $16.5 billion for road repairs
State departments of transportation (DOTs) spend more each year on new road construction than on road repairs, according to a new report from Smart Growth America and Taxpayers for Common Sense. The report, “Repair Priorities 2014,” notes that between 2009 and ...
Buy New or Used? A new report on the repair/maintain/expand debate By John Latta A new report argues that spending decisions made at a state level are causing road conditions to get worse in parts of the country. The report was produced by Smart ...
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2230 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1301 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...982 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house616 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones530 Views