More Articles for Sustainable Connections
Finding new ways to generate revenue is always a challenge, but the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) is taking on the challenge – and getting creative. In an effort to generate millions of dollars for the construction of some of the ...
How one public works department developed a spec to use recycled aggregate which allows for construction waste — including toilets
Recycling has reached a new level for the transportation construction industry. The Public Works Department of the city of Bellingham, Wash., pushed the limits of recycled materials use with a street project that included 400 old toilets incorporated into concrete. ...
- Road commission worker killed by motor grader1149 Views
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)1025 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers980 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project480 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?359 Views