More Articles for Sustainable Connections
Finding new ways to generate revenue is always a challenge, but the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) is taking on the challenge – and getting creative. In an effort to generate millions of dollars for the construction of some of the ...
How one public works department developed a spec to use recycled aggregate which allows for construction waste — including toilets
Recycling has reached a new level for the transportation construction industry. The Public Works Department of the city of Bellingham, Wash., pushed the limits of recycled materials use with a street project that included 400 old toilets incorporated into concrete. ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges386 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college323 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress226 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?178 Views