More Articles for surface transportation reauthorization
DOT Chief Foxx sends highway bill to Congress; bill reflects President Obama's 4-year, $302 billion reauthorization proposal
The U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) announced on Tuesday that Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx is sending a long-term transportation bill to Congress. Related: Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs The bill, dubbed the GROW AMERICA Act, is based on ...
President Barack Obama is preparing to present his proposed $302 billion, four-year transportation reauthorization bill to Congress. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx announced on the DOT’s Fast Lane blog that the president plans to send a draft of the legislation to lawmakers, ...
The Highways and Transit Subcommittee began a two-day hearing on March 29 on a pending surface transportation reauthorization and is seeking suggestions from the transportation community on how to streamline and consolidate programs, cut red tape to speed up the ...
The Obama Administration's announcement on Feb. 8 of a $53 billion, six-year commitment to developing high-speed passenger rail nationwide should be complemented by a similar focus on investing "at least as much" in America's highway and bridge infrastructure, says a ...
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier255 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver251 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase126 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative120 Views
- Michigan Senate votes to raise gas tax96 Views