More Articles for surface transportation reauthorization
DOT Chief Foxx sends highway bill to Congress; bill reflects President Obama's 4-year, $302 billion reauthorization proposal
The U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) announced on Tuesday that Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx is sending a long-term transportation bill to Congress. Related: Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs The bill, dubbed the GROW AMERICA Act, is based on ...
President Barack Obama is preparing to present his proposed $302 billion, four-year transportation reauthorization bill to Congress. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx announced on the DOT’s Fast Lane blog that the president plans to send a draft of the legislation to lawmakers, ...
The Highways and Transit Subcommittee began a two-day hearing on March 29 on a pending surface transportation reauthorization and is seeking suggestions from the transportation community on how to streamline and consolidate programs, cut red tape to speed up the ...
The Obama Administration's announcement on Feb. 8 of a $53 billion, six-year commitment to developing high-speed passenger rail nationwide should be complemented by a similar focus on investing "at least as much" in America's highway and bridge infrastructure, says a ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2150 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1248 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project532 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans443 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?354 Views