More Articles for subgrade
The engineering fabric shown here forms a bond breaker between the cement-treated base and the concrete pavement. If it’s a super-stout pavement base model you’re looking for, look no further than the Des Moines (Ia.) International Airport. Last summer, Manatts ...
Building Better Roads from the Ground Up A strong foundation is the key to a strong pavement structure By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor A pavement is only as strong as its foundation. Without an adequate base or foundation, a road simply cannot stand ...
Myron Mullett’s gut told him there had to be an easier way. As owner of Westcliffe, Colo.-based Mullett Excavating, he had received a multiyear military contract to lay gravel on 90 miles of road in nearby Fort Carson. The 32-foot ...
- MoDOT employs robot to mow roadside grass1545 Views
- CDOT “Slow for the Cone Zone” ads depict kids as construction workers451 Views
- USDOT to release $15.6 million for I-5 bridge436 Views
- 25 percent of U.S. bridges classified as deficient in 2012400 Views
- Private money: A funding wildcard in 2014285 Views