More Articles for stone-matrix asphalt (SMA)
How new technology is changing in the quest for smooth pavements Surveys consistently show that smoothness is the No. 1 criterion by which road users judge pavements. Other studies have found pavements that are built smooth stay smoother longer and provide ...
Fatigue cracking usually links to inadequate road foundations By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Fatigue cracking in bituminous pavements is experienced by the public so often that it is considered just part of driving. Motorists endure it and assume it’s just part of ...
A formula for greenbacks and green roads When it comes to mix-design optimization, two goals stand out: dollars to be saved and how sustainable a road you can build. This means doing your homework and understanding calculations in mix design, explains ...
NATIONAL ASPHALT PAVEMENT ASSOCIATION NAPA SPECIAL FEATURE Perpetual pavement is a concept that was developed and has traditionally been marketed for high-volume applications like freeways and interstates. There is no reason, however, that this life-extending design approach can’t be applied to lower-volume ...
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 20141008 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields327 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG266 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers257 Views
- Don’t mess with the toll roads; Virginia man racks up $250K bill229 Views