More Articles for state funding
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn on Wednesday unveiled a six-year $8.6 billion construction program that aims to improve highways, infrastructure and public transportation throughout the state. “A booming economy requires a 21st century infrastructure,” Quinn said. “Our infrastructure plan will create thousands ...
The current surface transportation bill, MAP-21, is set to expire in less than six months, and the Highway Trust Fund (HTF) -- the primary source of funding for state and local surface transportation projects -- could run out of money ...
The depleting Highway Trust Fund (HTF) may cause the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) to delay reimbursements to state agencies this year. Bloomberg reports that the U.S. DOT may have to slow the payments to avoid draining the HTF. Peter Rogoff, the ...
As we begin to close in on the fall 2014 date for the reauthorization of federal surface transportation legislation in Washington, keep in mind that states have to do their own transportation legislation. And like D.C. politicians, Austin politicians face ...
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River562 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business344 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update336 Views